Penetration Testing mailing list archives

re: Injecting commands into a mainframe through a servlet

From: Andrew Cathrow <andrew () cathrow com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 14:29:13 -0400

The applid certainly does sound like it's a mainframe rather
than an as/400.

The initial screen you see when you connect to a mainframe via
TN3270 usually asks for an applid which could be a CICS
region, IMS region or a TSO session. It'd be hard to suggest
where to go from here without knowing a little more of what
this servlet is doing.
What output do you get from the servlet, and what's in the
http headers?

Is the servlet running on the mainframe ? Can you telnet to
the mainframe ?  Try a 3270 emulator like x3270 or mochasoft
from http://www.mochasoft.dk