Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: How to detect the IPs of users who are using IM and P2P programs

From: Robert BARABAS <dc () ktk bme hu>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:24:14 +0100

2005. november 29. 05.36 dátummal Nabeel S. Alzahrani(نبيل الزهراني) ezt írta:
Hello,

If the topology of ``your network'' and other circumstances allow you to use
that method, try iptables with the ipp2p module (for the p2p part).
Best regards

DC

Is there any tool/method that allow me to detect the IPs of users who are
using IM (Instant Messaging i.e. MSN messenger, Yahoo messenger, ICQ, etc)
and P2P (Peer-2-Peer programs such Kazaa) in our network?

--
Robert BARABAS