Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Nessus - open or closed source?

From: Robert BARABAS <dc () ktk bme hu>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:43:53 +0100

2005. november 4. 08.44 dátummal Serg B. ezt írta:
Hi,

Yes, the third version of Nessus is not going to be released under GPL.
(search for  Renaud Deraison's pronouncement)
However, a fork is available by Tim Brown, called OpenVAS / GNessUs /.
As the previous name implies it is a GPL fork. :)
You can find out more about that at their site,
http://www.openvas.org/doku.php .
Best regards,

DC

Hi All,

I don't recall where I read it, but... Something about Nessus going into
proprietry market and that future releases of the scanner will not be
available under GPL licence.

Could someone confirm that or...?

--
Robert BARABAS