Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: oracle VA/PT

From: jd <jd () labgeek net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:16:02 -0400

You can get OAT (oracle auditing tool) at cqure.net [http://www.cqure.net/tools.jsp?id=7] or look at the myriad of tools at pete finnegan's site [http://www.petefinnigan.com/tools.htm]. Additionally, cqure offers a GETSIDS program as well....

Another good paper regarding oracle pen testing is:
http://www.pentest.co.uk/documents/oracle-security.htm
enjoy, jd

Massimo wrote:

Hi to all.

Some day ago I was quite surprised to see that on a server that was scanned with nessus and with emaze scanner that revealed no relevant security hole, there was oracle installed and active with all the default oracle user/password activated (i.e. system/manager, scott/tiger, etc).

What VA tool can find default user on oracle? Is it possible to find that info with Nessus (perhaps I can't use it at its best)?

Best Regards,
        Massimo
PS
I usually activate all the check on nessus and emaze.

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:
Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831