Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Ghost Image File Protection

From: AdamT <adwulf () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:36:57 +0100

Hi all,

I've managed to find a couple of Ghost image .GHO files at a site,
however, when I try to open them, I'm greeted with a password screen.
I've searched the server they're on (which appears to be separate from
their Windows Domain), and found a .ini file with the line:

pwd=aaaaaaa

However, that's not the password for either image file.

Does anyone have a utility to crack or brute force the password of
ghost image files?

Thanks,

--
AdamT
'Thank-you for not requesting read receipts'

Concerned about Web Application Security?
Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's
Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise,
you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the
most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration
testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a
managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software
(Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can
help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php
And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your
results from other product. Contact us at request () cenzic com for details.