Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Deep Freeze

From: no-email () nowhere com
Date: 10 Feb 2006 21:35:47 -0000

I use it in a workgroup environment.  I have 90+ machines running it and it works wonderfully.  I have the Enterprise
version which helps a great deal  with managing.

I've had some problems where some machines can't be unfrozen.  It has happened in several versions of DF.  Faronics
will provide you with a fix and a procedure to unfreeze the machines and recommend that you upgrade.  ItÂ’s a pain.
Also, the management console is very crude looking.  It would be nice if it were an MMC snap-in but it isn't.

All problems aside the program works great.  If you have an environment where computers are shared constantly then this
is a great product.

By the way Microsoft has a free program (for XP) that provides similar functionality, Shared Computer Toolkit.  It's
not as friendly for large deployments but I will be keeping an eye on it.

Victor

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831