Penetration Testing mailing list archives

local proxy udp 53

From: "Julian Totzek" <julian.totzek () bristol de>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:52:30 +0100

Hi Group,

I wonder if there is a proxy which is configurable that it rewrites every request to special DNS request and is sending
and receiving on port 53 UPD/TCP. Additionally there should be a server listening on port 53 UDP answering all requests
the client is sending.

Background to this question is, I'm currently testing a wireless network which allows traffic on port 53 to every
server. So why not tunnelling s this way! I don't want a tool where I need my own DNS server with authority of a domain
and so!

Cheers -j