Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Snarf files from a sniff dump

From: 4secure () web de
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:40:24 +0100

Jerry,

yes, I know that one can make it manual with ethereal. That is also okay for a demonstration. It is however very
laborious, if it concerns many files and you do not know exactly according to which information you searches. With
clear text it can be attained  fast by using filters.

A Tool would be already helpful!

Also the question arises: Why crack an account, if one can sniff the desired information directly from the wire?

 - Istvan