Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Script to create Style Sheet for Nessus XML

From: D.Snezhkov <dsnezhkov () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:00:51 -0600

Hi,

this may be OS specific but you can :
1. Dump report in NBE  format  ( which is universal )
2. Convert NBE format into XML/HTML
   a) modify html via sed
   b) modify report realtime  like this :

-----------------
#!/bin/bash

[ -f /tmp/pipe.html ] && /bin/rm /tmp/pipe.html

mkfifo -m  a=r /tmp/pipe.html

/opt/nessus/bin/nessus  -i /var/www/nessus/reports/UnixServers.nbe -o
/tmp/pipe.html &

cat /tmp/pipe.html |  while  read line
do
        echo "LINE to Modify  :   $line "