Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: RE: Re: GCIA, GSEC, GCIH, CISSP, CEH ???

From: "Erin Carroll" <amoeba () amoebazone com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:47:46 -0800

Yeah, I realized after I hit submit that I should have specified I was
referring to very early on when there was no Silver/Gold/Platinum for SANS
certifications, just a single cert level. Unless I'm confusing SANS with
another one of the old-school security certs... This is why I should avoid
posting or moderating the list after midnight. I knew our resident aussie
would chime in with a correction :P

While I'm not exactly an old-timer yet, I've been in the IT industry for
over 20 years now and it's amazing to me just how far we've come in some
respects and how some things still remain the same. Despite the maturation
of some security niches and the heightened awareness of security in general,
it's still almost as easy to penetrate systems as it was back in the early
(to me) days... only the viable vectors have changed. Sometimes I miss
remote fingerd exploits. Now get off my lawn you danged kids!

--
Erin Carroll
Moderator