Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Strange ports

From: StaticRez <staticrez () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:27:53 -0500

You can try telnet to those ports as well. Maybe you'll get lucky and
get some output...

1029 is also known to be an ICQ port.
(http://www.seifried.org/security/ports/1000/1029.html)

Port 1032 is also a known ICQ port. and yes, i agree with the other
guys on having terminal services open to the world. bad practice.

good luck.