Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Pentesting EFS MS Encryption

From: sherwyn.williams () gmail com
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 20:41:05 +0000

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if I have backup or some files encrypted with the built in encryption in windows but don't have
the key how can I reverse this to gain access to the files.

Example while conducting a test, I  have access to the  network backup of various data that has a faulty permission
setting, but files are encrypted.

And I am sure this can be helpful to someone if the have a backup but the system crashed. :(

Thanks in advance.
Sherwyn Williams
Technical Support
The Williams Solutions