Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: custom nessus frontend

From: David Howe <DaveHowe.Pentest () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:17:58 +0100

Nathaniel Hirsch wrote:
I am not a lawyer but I think this would violate the terms of service
 for Nessus.  Sections 1.4. and 1.5. of nessus's terms of service
talk about stuff like this, and it pretty much says without written
consent from tenable it isnt allowed.  So if you ask for consent and
get permission to do it, they will probably give(sell) you the API.
Other then that I dont think you can do it.

   There have been clients written before - I don't think Tenable care
about what front end you use, as long as you don't modify the serverside
engine or use any unbundled scanning modules without paying them for the
privilege.