Penetration Testing mailing list archives

discovering all websites running on a server

From: "Markus Matiaschek" <mmatiaschek () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:12:10 -0500

Hi all,

i got a problem with a client which basically sums up: php safe_mode = off...

so far, so bad, but now i want to know first if the clients website is
the only attack vector, or if there are other sites running on the IIS
of this Windows NT machine.

Since i already have access to the server, the question how to do this
with only a IP Adress is theoretical, but nonetheless interesting.

I don't want to be too intrusive and install rootkits or stuff like
this, but i thought the information of the IIS hosted websites must be
somewhere, so i got myself some information with the following
commands:
regedit /e c:\output.txt HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\
regedit /e c:\output.txt HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\

but i canĀ“t see any information about the clients- or any other IIS
website there.

The execution of .vbs scripts is denied, so that is not an option.

I already identified interesting folders in the wwwroot of IIS, but
none of the names of the folders or the content i tried shows up on
google.

Anyone any other Ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Markus