Penetration Testing mailing list archives

AW: Pentesting tool - Commercial

From: <puppe () hisolutions com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:26:06 +0100

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] Im
Auftrag von Andre Gironda
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. Februar 2008 20:46
An: pen-test
Betreff: Re: Pentesting tool - Commercial

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Ramki B <bramkie () gmail com> wrote:
 Core Impact is the best fit for my requirement followed by ISS. And for
VA
 Nessus is the best choice.

ISS and Nesss are redundant.  Most people prefer neXpose or Qualys to
Nessus, and some even prefer Foundscan to Nessus (for reporting,
although I don't know why personally).  There were some recent
[pulled] evaluations and neXpose came out way ahead, although like
I've mentioned on other lists, the best-of-breed would be to combine
Rapid7 neXpose with Tenable PVS.

Salve,

where did u see this evaluations? A few years back I did one myself:

http://www.vulnerability-assessment.de/

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Christoph Puppe
Security Consultant

We secure your business.(TM)

HiSolutions AG     Phone:    +49 30 533289-0
Bouchéstrasse 12   Fax:      +49 30 533289-99
D-12435 Berlin     Internet: http://www.hisolutions.com

Mindestinformationen im geschäftlichen E-Mail-Verkehr nach §37a HGB:

Sitz der Gesellschaft / registered office:
Berlin

Handelsregistereintrag / Commercial register:
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg - HRB 80155

Vorstand / Management Board:
Torsten Heinrich, Timo Kob, Michael Langhoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates / Chairman of the supervisory board:
Prof. Dr. Klaus Müller