Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a fuzzer/source code analyzer on customer developed code

From: "Zed Qyves" <zqyves.spamtrap () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:14:41 +0200

Hello Sudhakar,

Regarding webservices I have used WSDigger from Foundstone
(http://www.foundstone.com/us/resources/proddesc/wsdigger.htm) but I
have also heard success stories with wsfuzzer
(http://www.neurofuzz.com/modules/software/wsfuzzer.php) as well.

regarding fuzzing I would go with sulley for intelligent fuzzing such
as session retention, session control, callbacks and the such. Other
fuzzers I had success with are jbrofuzz from owasp and taof (the art
of fuzzing). the latter 2 work really well with text-based protocols
and on simple calls and do not need the initial learning curve that
one will definately need with sulley. for http fuzzing paros scanner
will also take you a good distance.

Lastly for network connection stress testing I would use something as
simple as blast from from foundstone.

regards,
./ZQ