Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Hacked by aLpTurkTegin, help patching this hole

From: "Utmost Bastard" <utmostbastard () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:26:16 -0400

Could be any of the following...

1) If co-hosted any of the other sites could have been compromised.
2) Writeable dir anywhere
3) SQL injected shell
4) Exploitable script/program
5) Missing patches
6) Easily cracked user/pass/service account
7) Misconfiguration in just about anything
8) About 100000 other things.

You must be more specific. Provide logs, patch level, version levels, scripts used, check dir permissions, state type of hosting etc.......

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mifa" <mifa () stangercorp com>