Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Manday for Web Pentest

From: "kevin horvath" <kevin.horvath () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 07:27:23 -0400

App testing is a different animal then network so its not as easy to
figure out a timeframe without out detailed infromation from the
client.  You must have detailed knowledge of specific things (as
mentioned earlier) before you can provide an  accurate estimate.
Although if your hands are tied and you are forced to then I would
recommend giving an estimated range say 6-10 business day including
reporting but if the application is more complex then this could
change.  Its kind of like going to a builder and saying give me an
estimate on how much it will be to build a house although I dont know
exactly what I want yet.