Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pen Test and Sec Org

From: Joshua Gimer <jgimer () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 16:07:33 -0600

I think that this really has to do with what is driving the security need in the organization. In my case there is a great regulatory need, that is why this office is the authority for the organization. If you were a hosting provider, then there would be more of an IT Security need because the majority of the security functions performed are at the technical level.

There is no real wrong way to do this; just determine who the stakeholders are, and call a meeting.

Joshua Gimer