Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Request for Information on Exploit 'CA Brightstor ARCserve Backup dbasvr.exe memory corruption vulnerability'

From: M P Sairam <msairam () intoto com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 18:00:56 +0530

Hi,
I'm developing a tool for testing the effectiveness of IPS/IDS devices against various exploits. I could not find any working Poc for this particular vulnerability.

Please help me out with any information about any working exploit for this vulnerability or Poc.

Details:

Exploit: CA Brightstor ARCserve Backup dbasvr.exe memory corruption vulnerability

Product: CA ARCserv Backup r11.5

A remote stack overflow vulnerability exist in the RPC interface of CA BrightStor ARCServe BackUp. An arbitrary
anonymous attacker can execute arbitrary code on the affected system by exploiting this vulnerability.

CAN ID: 2007-5329 <http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2007-5329>
BID: 26015 <http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/26015>

Thanks in advance,
Sairam

This email message (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

Intoto Inc.