Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Elementary question on War dialing

From: t35tman <t35tman () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:31:39 +0400

Hi guys,

Our company is planning to conduct a war dialing assessment and we have
VOIP (generic cisco) as a part of our telephone infrastructure. As of
what I'm aware there is no possibility of connecting a modem to a VOIP
line, and connecting one to a digital PBX line could end up frying the
circuits.

I came across this tool called iWar claims to do the war dialing for
VOIP related phones ? what is the objective of using this tool ? is
there any possibility of connecting a modem or configuring a system for
dial-in access ?

Regards,

t35tman