Penetration Testing mailing list archives

SQL Injection - Waitfor delay

From: xelerated <xelerated () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:42:58 -0400

Hi all,
I am trying to find more information about a SQL Injection using
"waitfor delay".

So far, no one that I have asked in the pen test and security field
feels its a vulnerability, but my client does think its a big deal but
there really is very little information that I can find on it.
I hear rumors that using the waitfor delay can help enumerate a
database, but again, I'm not sure about that.

Id like to pull on the vast knowledge of this list to see if that
counts in a test as a SQL Inject, and if its a big deal if you can use
it.

Thanks!
Chris