Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Security Certifications for SOC team

From: Scott <opiesan () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:38:23 -0500

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Andre Gironda <andreg () gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 7:31 AM, John Perea <JPerea () contegosecurity com> wrote:
I think SANS Certificates will help specially the GCIA and GCIH since
you're team is assigned at the SOC.

This is a good suggestion, but SANS is a vendor-focused, money-making
organization.

I'm confused as to how SANS is considered "vendor-focused"? I've taken
at least 3 of their classes and don't recall ever hearing them pimp
one vendor over another. An instructor might give their opinion or
preference but the organization overall has always been vendor
agnostic. What vendors are you referring to?

Scott