Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Wanted Conficker, Downadup, or Kido Worm Sample

From: Shreyas Zare <shreyas () technitium com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 21:49:45 +0530

Hi List,

If anyone just happens to come across Conficker, Downadup, or Kido
worm sample can you mail that to me for my analysis (nothing sinister,
I am developing anti-malware solution, and could not find the worm
till now, so hoping if someone has a sample to send me). To mail it as
attachment you will have to RAR the EXE file with password and check
the encrypt file names option while setting RAR passwd so that no
email AV scanner blocks it. Also dont forget to write the passwd in
the mail !

I have additional info from VirusTotal.com about the worm to find it :
MD5: 0a1923ae9e4e11107c29909be651b7ad
SHA1: ee0811e0bc971e725191556b642790dc51b94725
SHA256: 5a5d06ff0a574a82934d4328eaba17640d62f30b12d79a23b6918c1ff06e8958

Regards,

--
("Computers have a strange habit of doing what you say, not what you
mean." - SANS Top 25 Most Dangerous Programming Errors)

Shreyas Zare
Co-Founder, Technitium
eMail: shreyas () technitium com

..::< The Technitium Team >::..
Visit us at www.technitium.com
Contact us at theteam () technitium com

Join Sci-Tech News group and get the latest science & technology news
in your inbox. Visit http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sci-tech-news
to join.