Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: DoS test on specific TCP Port

From: Shawn Merdinger <shawnmer () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:37:14 -0400

Hi Shankar,

You might consider looking into the following tools.

NAPTHA (TCP resource exhaustion)
ISIC (specifically TCPsic)

Also, this document by Cisco CIAG and STAT folks, even at 6 years old,
is most helpful in getting started breaking stuff.

"A Structured and Practical Methodology For Security Evaluation of a
IP Based Stack"

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/security/security_services/ciag/documents/stack-howto.pdf

Cheers,
--scm