Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Web App Script Capture

From: Jerome Athias <jerome.athias () free fr>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 23:49:31 +0200

A very common (-kill me please-) "error" is
download.php?file=
or
upload.php?file=

What about
download.php?file=download.php
or
download.php?file=download.php%00.pdf

;p
/JA

What I want to demonstrate is that once I have path traversal, I can steal just
about anything -- except for script source code. I haven't figured out a
work-around for that problem (stealing source code). Thus, my question.

Jon