Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Cell Phone Viruses

From: john lokka <merigoth () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 20:23:46 -1000

depends. Many phone companies encourage development (usaully
application ;]). As a result, a brief review of the phone
manufacture's website will usually result in a free dev kit download.
I know that motorola and nokia offer developer sites and software
(usually as an access link). Many "smart" phones are using google's
Android for an abstraction layer (as compared to qualcomm's BREW).
Andriod is free and includes a couple test template phones (clamshell,
aka flip, the candybar, etc). Google is offering an actual test phone
for 400 bucks. But i didn't look close into the details.