Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Is there a future?

From: abigdeale () gmail com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:55:56 +0000

Good day,
I'm currently working in a corporation as a support engineer. Been in the field for 12years, love solving problems,
taking the lead on projects, building infrastructure etc. I'm fasinated by security in such a way that it became a
hobby, passion. And now I'm trying to make it a lifestyle. I got the CEH exam prep book and sybex, writing sometime in
january. I understand that's only a entry level cert, so I'm doing a bootcamp at a well established pentest company
sometime middle next year to get exposure. Afterwards I'm gunning for the rhce.
My question:  I'm putting everything I have in this. Is the market big enough out there for me to survive? I want to do
it the right way, as I'm still old school. Or do I opt for searching for a post in the field and tail the experience
ones and learn?

Deale