Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: A L0phCrack Alternative

From: Tom Steele <Tom.Steele () motricity com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 01:26:35 +0000

Try http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/ and http://hashcat.net/oclhashcat/

You can grab some good info from http://contest.korelogic.com/

From: listbounce () securityfocus com [listbounce () securityfocus com] on behalf of olufemimogaji () gmail com
[olufemimogaji () gmail com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 11:42 AM
To: pen-test () securityfocus com
Subject: A L0phCrack Alternative

Hello All,

I recently used a trial version of L0phtCrack to perform a password audit of the user accounts in my company's active
directory. It worked great, revealing all the weak passwords that users had. The only problem is that it's a  trial
version, and the full versions are just so expensive

Does anyone know about an open source/free alternative that works ok, even if not as good as L0phtcrack. I'll truly
appreciate any tips on this.

Thanx

Femi M.

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT
and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org