Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Latest Chinese Attacks on Google

From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:37:20 +1100

there has been a thread on fulldiscloser on this topic, and the
exploit is in metasploit now

http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Warning-over-using-Internet-Explorer-from-German-Government-as-exploit-goes-public-906173.html

cheers
Ivan

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 7:54 AM, <infowarrior0 () gmail com> wrote:

All,

I wanted to see if anyone  knew of any of the technical aspects behind the recent attack on google via china.
I know Idefense supposedly posted a paper on the attack that was later recanted.Can anyone provide any insight on
this?

Thanks,
InfoWarrio0

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT
and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org