Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Professional Scrpt Kiddies vs Real Talent

From: "Ron.Southworth" <Ron.Southworth () scadaperspective com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 07:17:22 +1000

Adriel you are always if nothing else good at stirring a comment.

Visualisation tools are actually a good thing for humans so using GUI does
not make you a neophyte. Not all GUI users are "evil nare do wells" so
measuring a skill level based on someone's ability or currency to write code
is a flawed assumption. It is actually pretty clever to not reinvent the
wheel all the time. Visualising complex and fast moving abstracts is
actually very clever so shame you miss this sort of benefit.

Ron