Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pentest Criteria

From: Wim Remes <wremes () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 07:29:36 +0200

Pete,

with all due respect but don't you think you have abused the open source predicament long enough for something that
will never be open nor free?
I know companies that got involved with v2, that invested in getting resources trained in v3, or the subset of it that
was available at the moment of the trianing, and now have the
outlook that they'll be pointing their customers to another ISO standard instead of an open source standard and.

At the moment OSSTMM 3 does nothing but frustrate the heck out of people who invested time in either v2 or v3 based on
idealism and empty promises.

Cheers,
Wim