Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: compiling exploit code

From: Nicholas Harvey <hattrickinc () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 14:47:02 -0400

What's the errors?

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

macubergeek <macubergeek () comcast net> wrote:

I'm having issues compiling some exploit code under Visual Studio Express 2010, particularly kicking up syntax errors.
I first suspected that this was "lamer" code with deliberately inserted syntax errors, but I now suspect I'm having
compiler compatibility issues.
Original coder indicated in the source to compile it under VS v. 6. Could there be compiler version differences which
might be part of my problems? I mean has the coding syntax changed?

—thanks