Politech mailing list archives

FC: Chicago Headline Club "Future of Journalism" conf Nov 6

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:28:14 -0400

[I will be speaking Saturday morning at this conference organized by the
Chicago Headline Club, a chapter of the Society of Professional
Journalists. Also I will be moderating a panel the day before at the Cato
Institute/Forbes ASAP Technology and Society conference in San Jose. I'd
encourage politechnicals in both cities to consider stopping by. --Declan]

http://www.headlineclub.org/calendar/future.html

   3rd annual Conference on the Future of Journalism
   9 am to 5 pm
   Saturday, November 6th at
   Northwestern U. law school Chicago campus,
   Lake Shore Drive at Superior Street

   Confirmed speakers include:

   Jim Driscoll, former editor, Boston Globe, current
   editor-in-residence for MIT Media Lab's News in the Future
   program;
   Declan McCullagh, DC correspondent for WIRED News; David
   Plotz, DC bureau chief for Slate;
   Steve Stroth, Chicago bureau chief for Bloomberg Business News;
   two Chicago media attorneys -- Len Rubin of Gordon & Glickson
   and Paul Veith of Sidley & Austin

Cato Institute/Forbes ASAP Technology and Society conference:
  http://www.cato.org/events/techconf99/index.html