Politech mailing list archives

FC: Australian government orders ISPs to answer questions -- or else

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:48:25 -0700

********
Dennis Morgan (in email below) sent me a form that I've placed online:
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/australia-isp.0800.pdf

Also noteworthy, in addition to the government-competition issue:
* The Australian government legally requires ISPs to answer the questions in the survey. * The results of the survey are, per pdf file, used by analysts in the public and private sectors. * The questions are pretty detailed, and include MB transfered per month, number of subscribers, revenues from subscribers. * If an ISP has multiple dialup pools, that info is required for each, something that could require a lot of work on the part of some hapless engineers.

-Declan

********