Politech mailing list archives

FC: Jamie Love replies on ICANN and e-democracy project

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:14:50 -0400

[I don't think that Jamie and I are all that far apart. For instance, he and I agree that there can be multiple namespaces with thousands, and perhaps many more, top level domains. It's true that a few large corporations appear to have a lot of influence over ICANN, but I've been in Washington long enough to realize that putting the U.S. government in control -- or worse yet, the UN or ITU -- isn't going to improve the situation. More competition will. --Declan]