Politech mailing list archives

FC: Proposed sentencing guidelines make Ecstasy same as heroin

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 20:59:15 -0500

[It is true that this is an abridgement of liberty, but it is a mischaracterization ("presidential dictatorship") to depict the GOP as substantially different from the Democratic Party here. The law in question (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c106:H.R.4365.ENR:) was approved by the Senate unanimously last fall, and by the House in a 394 to 25 vote. Read on for info on how to submit your comments, deadline Monday afternoon. --Declan]

********