Politech mailing list archives

FC: Full text of "Underground" net-crime book now online, for free

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:36:34 -0500

[Thanks to Julian and Suelette for putting Underground online in a number of useful formats. --Declan]

***********

To: declan () well com
Subject: Full text to the net.crime book ``Underground'' released
Cc: proff () iq org
From: Julian Assange <proff () iq org>
Date: 18 Jan 2001 10:20:27 +1100

I'm very pleased to announce that thanks to Random House, Suelette
Dreyfus and myself the complete and unabridged electronic text to our
book ``Underground: tales of hacking, madness and obsession on the
electronic frontier'' (approx 500 pp.) has been publically and freely
released.

| Format         | Name                    | Size (bytes) |
| Text           | underground.txt         | 979993       |
| Text, ZIP      | underground.zip         | 357915       |
| Text, GZIP     | underground.txt.gz      | 355953       |
| Text, BZIP2    | underground.txt.bz2     | 265014       |
| Palm Basic Doc | underground.pdb         | 519140       |
| Palm Teal Doc  | underground-tealdoc.pdb | 520661       |

The Palm formated files will allow you to read the book on
a Palm Pilot and various other handheld machines.

See http://www.underground-book.com/download.php3

Feel free to forward this message.

Julian.

--
 Julian Assange        |If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people
                       |together to collect wood or assign them tasks and
 proff () iq org          |work, but rather teach them to long for the endless
 proff () gnu ai mit edu  |immensity of the sea. -- Antoine de Saint Exupery