Politech mailing list archives

FC: Petition: Therapeutic cloning should NOT be banned

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:41:48 -0700

I have the privilege of being one of the founding members of the Franklin Society, which has created the below petition. I urge Politech members to read the links below and consider signing the petition.

Bush statement yesterday endorsing cloning ban:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/04/20020410-4.html

The Brownback bill:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d107:s.01899:
It says: "It shall be unlawful for any person or entity... to perform or attempt to perform human cloning or to participate in an attempt to perform human cloning"

News articles:
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/11/politics/11CLON.html
http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,51713,00.html
http://www.newsday.com/news/health/ny-vpqkin102662617apr10001622.story