Politech mailing list archives

FC: Calif. governor candidate, DNC chairman turn to political spam

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 02:07:40 -0500

Bill Jones is a Republican candidate for governor of California. An AP article on Wednesday said Jones is polling a mere nine percent in advance of Tuesday's GOP primary:
http://www.billjones.org/
http://www.ss.ca.gov/shrt_bio.htm
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/politics/wire/sns-ap-california-governor0227feb27.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dpolitics%2Dheadlines

Kevin Poulsen sends email asking the real question: "Is this indiscriminate spamming actually the work of candidate Jones, or a wily opponent?" I invite Bill Jones to reply.

See the end of this message for John Gilmore's comments on his Terry McAuliffe spam.

-Declan

---