Politech mailing list archives

FC: Technology reporter defends PressBlaster spam software

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 13:40:48 -0500

Personally, I may not disagree that much with Margie, but I would say that sending me articles on topics I don't write about and have never written about -- something that PressBlaster makes easy -- *is* an abuse of my publicly available professional email address. (Do I really want press releases about the new 450-hp John Deere 9520 Tractor?) It's easy for journalists' inboxes to get clogged with a deluge of press releases, and I already get over 1,000 email messages a day.

My instructions for PR types are here:
http://www.mccullagh.org/about/contact.html

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03105.html