Politech mailing list archives

FC: Politech administrivia: Mozilla compatibility, Moscow, tips

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:50:00 -0400

The Politech homepage is now working for Mozilla users. Some cosmetic changes I made recently rendered properly with IE and Opera, but not Mozilla. I fixed them this morning. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I managed to stop by the Mozilla launch party last week at the DNA Lounge when I was still in San Francisco (http://www.mozilla.org/party/2002/flyer.htm) -- I'm now back in DC. I'd say it was a success. At what other party would luminiscent green source code be flowing across the screen in a way eerily reminiscent of the old Applesoft BASIC SPEED=180 command?

Assuming my visa is processed in time -- the embassy levied an extortionate $300 fee -- I leave tomorrow evening for Moscow. That means Politech may be on something of a hiatus again until I get back next Monday. I'm planning to take my laptop, but I'm not sure about the extent of connectivity there. I'm speaking, BTW, at the Outlook For Freedom conference (http://www.hro.org/2002/eindex.htm) later this week.

If you're sending something to me for posting to Politech and you want to be anonymous (either for personal reasons or for spam-proofing purposes), please remember to type "CONFIDENTIAL" in the Subject: line. I may miss a request for email address deletion if it's in the body of the message. I put details here last year:
http://www.mccullagh.org/about/contact.html

Thanks,
Declan
Editor, Politech