Politech mailing list archives

FC: John Ashcroft's unintentional definition of irony

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:45:24 -0500

Here's something I wrote on Ashcroft's privacy stance when he was appointed:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-01607.html

It's tempting to over-simplify and say he was great then and awful now, but Ashcroft's record in Congress was hardly spectacular:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-01114.html

Also remember that Bill Clinton and Janet Reno were around in the late 1990s -- which is one big reason then-senator Ashcroft was railing against the Justice Department.

-Declan

---