Politech mailing list archives

FC: Orrin Hatch yanks pornlink, video of "exploding PC" remarks up

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:55:49 -0400

Wow, the Hatch folks responded quickly. But at least the hearing video, the link to which had quietly disappeared from judiciary.senate.gov, is archived -- see the first message, below, from Dave Farber's IP list.

Also we see a problem with the Senate's web site (not just Hatch's). They don't check the URL given to a cgi-script against a list to ensure it's legitimate. So they run the risk of silliness like this:
http://www.senate.gov/cgi-bin/exitmsg?url=http://www.politechbot.com/
http://www.senate.gov/cgi-bin/exitmsg?url=http://www.sex.com/
http://www.senate.gov/cgi-bin/exitmsg?url=http://www.practicalanarchy.org/
http://www.senate.gov/cgi-bin/exitmsg?url=http://www.senatesucks.com/