Politech mailing list archives

Three replies defending Google from the pro-regulatory privacy crowd [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:39:39 -0500

[I'm starting to suspect that these pro-regulatory privacy folks who
are so upset about Google are really just anti-advertising. They claim
Gmail's text scanning (done entirely by a machine) is so awful and
invasive and intrusive. And of course they do this from the comfort of
their own email accounts, which are text-scanned by an anti-spam
program (also done entirely by a machine). What's the difference?
--Declan]