Secure Coding mailing list archives

RE: ACM Queue article and security education

From: "Michael S Hines" <mshines () purdue edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 21:05:27 +0100

I can just see an OS go into a wait state now while the VM/.NET or whatever
does garbage collection; and the delays while the intermediate code is
turned into executable code by the loaders.

Not!

HLL have given us portability (witness - *nix) but at some price of
performance.  The HW development has outpaced SW development - to the tune
where we hardly notice the performance hit at all.  After all, now fast can
one person type (grin)?

It's always a trade off...   HW/SW.

Mike Hines
Michael S Hines