Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re:Glossary of Terms

From: <websec_lists () hushmail com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:34:13 +0100

With repsect I think there are way too many slang terms for that to
useful outside of the hacker community. They are also mixed verbs
and nouns and other fundamental information modeling "feau pas's".
I think for a glossary to be useful it has to be written to a
development community and that would be taken seriously by a CIO;
not a hacker community.

I like the idea of the NIST, RFC and other suggestions. There is no
point in re-inventing the wheel! Maybe mapping the terms from the
main standards already makes more sense?

An existing glossary containing common web application security
terminology can be found at
http://www.webappsec.org/projects/glossary/. Also available is the
Threat Classifications document
located at http://www.webappsec.org/projects/threat/ which serves