Secure Coding mailing list archives

Wall Street Journal article on Software Security and upcoming events

From: "Kenneth R. van Wyk" <Ken () krvw com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:01:57 +0100

Hi all,

FYI, a couple of interesting things going on in the software security space
that those here on SC-L might appreciate:

- Good article/interview in yesterday's Wall Street Journal on the topic of
Software Security.  The interview is with Gary McGraw, and I'm sure that no
one here will be too surprised by the content.  It's just great to see that
kind of visibility and attention being given to Software Security.  Check it
out (registration/subscription required) at
http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB112128453130584810,00-search.html?KEYWORDS=cigital&COLLECTION=wsjie/archive
(Or just find a paper copy -- you know, the kind that our grandparents used to
read. ;-)

- A couple of upcoming, fairly mainstream IT Security conferences both have
numerous Software Security sessions on their agendas (including, for full
disclosure, my own sessions at each).  I'm refering to CSI's upcoming 32nd
annual conference (14-16 November in Washington, DC) and SANS's Silicon
Valley event (24-30 September in San Jose, CA).  Here too, it's encouraging
to me to see software security sessions prominently on the programs of these
traditionally IT Security focused events.

Cheers,

Ken van Wyk
--
KRvW Associates, LLC