Secure Coding mailing list archives

SC-L Administrivia: How does the readership feel about sponsorships?

From: ken at krvw.com (Kenneth Van Wyk)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:24:59 -0500

Greetings SC-L,

So, I've always done my best to keep SC-L non-commercial since its
inception in 2003.  I'm curious, though, how you the readers would
react to accepting sponsorships in the form of "sponsored by: "
banners at the bottom of each posting.

The banner presently points to the list, the list charter, along with
a note saying that the list is hosted and moderated by my company.

So, my question is this: could/should I accept sponsorships where the
sponsor would get (say) two or three lines of text saying who they are
and pointing to their web page?

I welcome your candid/serious feedback on this.

Cheers,

Ken

-----
Kenneth R. van Wyk