Secure Coding mailing list archives

Educational web site "hack this" announced

From: ken at krvw.com (Kenneth Van Wyk)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:25:50 +0100

Greetings SC-Lers,

FYI, I just learned of an educational web site called "Hack This" (http://www.hackthis.co.uk/
) that sounds interesting to me.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure
I will soon.  From their description, it sounds a bit like an on-line
version of OWASP's WebGoat -- which is IMHO one of the most powerful
learning tools I've ever encountered.  Hack This describes themselves
as follows:

"Hackthis, an innovative, educational and entertaining new website
where you can learn the tricks and tips of website security. This well
designed and well executed concept has proven to be a huge success and
will only advance further. Attracting audiences to promote the
importance of keeping your website secure, Hackthis is educating the
internet for a more safer and secure tomorrow. Whilst education is
commonly considered boring, Hackthis teaches you by putting you in the
place of the hacker, exploiting websites to gain access to information
required to advance to the next level. If that's not enough Hackthis
also includes a great, friendly support and community forum where you
can get help with problems, meet new people and help others with their
problems.

We highly recommend this site for website developers to ensure your
site is safe and secure. Also, if you're bored, hacking is a great way
to pass the time!

Remember, Hackthis is completely legal and 100% awesome!"

Has anyone here tried it out?  Any opinions, good bad or otherwise?

Cheers,

Ken

-----
Kenneth R. van Wyk